*Healthier* Pecan Banana Bread
We put twist on everyone's favorite banana bread by adding a few of our Guidry Organic Farms products! We replaced the maple syrup with our unfiltered honey and swapped the flour with our USDA Certified Organic Pecan Meal. To prepare this for a full-sized 9x5 pan, double the recipe!
- 1/2 cup USDA Certified Organic Pecan Meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
1 pasture raised egg from Guidry Family Farms
(or 1 tbs Flaxseed + 3 tbs Water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Guidry Family Farm's Unfiltered Honey
- 2 tbsp butter melted (3 tbs Flaxseed)
- 1/2 cup Guidry Family Farms Glazed Pecans (plus more for topping!)
- Preheat oven to 350* and spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients - pecan meal, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then add brown sugar and mix until combined (will be a little runny!). Add in eggs (or flaxseed + water), mix again until just combined. Add vanilla, honey, and melted butter. Stir.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, gently mixing as you add. Mix until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
- Gently add in chopped glazed pecans. Add a little more if you want but not too many - you don't want the loaf to sink when baking!
- Pour your batter into your loaf pan and cook for 50-60 minutes depending on your over (we did 40!). Serve and enjoy!
- Tint your pan with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from burning! Don't forget that your bread will still cook once removed from the oven, so it is okay to take it out a little prematurely. Just use the toothpick trick!
- Remember: since there is banana in this recipe the bread may seem undercooked and soft even though it's done. Don't overcook it!