Almond Flour Pecan Sandies
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter - softened to room temperature
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease (we used Coconut Oil Baking Spray). Set aside.
- Blend the almond flour and butter on low speed until there are no more clumps and a soft dough forms.
- Add the chopped pecans, powdered sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Turn mixer to low and blend until soft.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, gently roll dough into balls and place on the baking sheet. Gently press a pecan half into each dough ball, flattening the ball of dough slightly. Don't worry, they will flatten more while baking!
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Take them out even though the they may look undercooked and let them cool on the cookie sheet 10 minutes (they will continue to cook but not dry them out!). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Fresh April Flours.