Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Bites
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Guidry Organic Farms Certified Pecan Butter
- 1/2 cup dark or regular chocolate chips (your preference)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Parchment paper
Start by prepping your bananas - peel them and slice them into rounds about 1/4" thick
Line two plates or baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly spread Pecan Butter on a banana slice and top with another banana slice. You should have a little peanut butter sandwich!
- Repeat until all of the banana slices are used which is equivalent to about 30 bites.
- Place bites on the prepared plate(s) and put in the freezer to harden for a few minutes (15-20 minutes or peanut butter is stiff)
- Once hardened, add your chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave for one minute, stirring and checking for 30-second intervals after that. It should not be longer than 2 minutes.
- Take frozen banana bites and dip them into the melted chocolate so that one half of each bite is coated, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Continue until all bites have been dipped and place back in the freezer to harden (about 15 minutes).
Storing tips: after each bite hardens, transfer the bites into a freezer-safe storage container for later. They will last in the freezer for 1-2 (if you can keep them that long!) Depending on how long you store them in the freezer, you may need to take them out and let them thaw for about 5 minutes before eating.
Tag us if you make them @guidryorganicfarms!