Pecan Thumbprint Bites by @louisianalocavores
A delicious take on cookies that packs in even more deliciousness with satsuma marmalade!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tspn vanilla
- Pulse flour, salt, baking powder and pecans until pecans are finely ground
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla. Mix to combine on low speed
- Add dry ingredients and beat to incorporate. Cover bowl and chill until firm 35-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350, spoon out a tablespoon of round dough and bake 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and make indentation in center with spoon. Add 1/2 tspn of satsuma marmalade (or marmalade of choice), then bake an additional 6-8 minutes until very lightly browned
Recipe and photos by @louisianalocavores